GROW as a disciple of Jesus!
The purpose of your life is to grow continually in intimate relationship with God. The only way to do that is by striving to follow Jesus Christ closely and imitate him. Following Jesus Christ means we must accept his invitation to give him total lordship over everything in our lives and rely on the Holy Spirit to work in and through us at all times.
• PRAY every day
• STUDY the faith
• ENGAGE in parish life
• SERVE others’ needs
Jesus’ final command to his disciples was, “Go and make disciples of all nations.” (Mt 28:19) The true mark of a disciple is that they evangelize! Therefore, we must always strive to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with others.
• PRAY for those who are separated from God
• WITNESS about Jesus
• INVITE them to church
• ACCOMPANY them as they grow
Create your Personal Evangelization Plan. Use these questions to guide you as you Grow+Go:
To Grow as a disciple…
1. PRAY: When in your day will you commit to pray?
2. STUDY: What can you study, read and attend to learn about your faith this week?
3. ENGAGE: How can you become more involved in your parish?
4. SERVE: What can you volunteer to do this month to help those in need?
To Go and evangelize:
1. Ask the Holy Spirit to bring to mind someone in your life who is no longer coming to church. Write the person’s name on a piece of paper and answer these questions:
2. How will you pray for him/her?
3. How can you share your faith with him/her?
4. What could you invite him/her to?
5. How could you accompany him/her?
Save the Date! Saturday, September 22 – Diocese of Lansing Made for Happiness Assembly!
You are invited to join thousands of Catholics of all ages from all 77 parishes in the Diocese of Lansing for the September 22 “Made for Happiness” Assembly. Admission is FREE.
The day’s events will begin with an outdoor Eucharistic Procession from St. Mary Cathedral in Lansing to the Breslin Center in East Lansing. The Eucharistic Procession begins at St. Mary Cathedral in Lansing and will follow a four-mile route to the site of the Assembly’s afternoon events at the Breslin Center on the campus of Michigan State in East Lansing. You are welcome to join in for the whole four-mile route or just a portion of it. At the Breslin Center we will be inspired by presenters such as, Fr. Mike Schmitz, Jennifer Fulwiler, Fr. Joe Krupp, Bishop Boyea and more.
The gathering will come to a joyful culmination with a celebration of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass with Bishop Boyea and all the clergy of our diocese. Please note that the Saturday evening vigil Mass at our parish and all parishes of the Diocese of Lansing will be canceled that day.
To learn more about the September 22 “Made for Happiness” Assembly, and to register for the full day of events, refer to the website: madeforhappiness.org.