EXAMINATION OF CONSCIENCE – 10 COMMANDMENTS FOR STUDENTS
- I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD. YOU SHALL NOT HAVE OTHER GODS BESIDE ME.
- Do I speak to God every day?
- As soon as I wake up, do I give Him my school work and all my day?
- Do I remember to THANK God for the good things I have done or received?
- YOU SHALL NOT USE GOD’S NAME IN VAIN.
- Have I used the words “God” or “Jesus” in anger or with lack of respect?
- Have I used ugly words or language?
- Have I wished evil on another?
- REMEMBER TO KEEP GOD’S DAY HOLY.
- Do I go to Mass on Sunday unless I have had a good reason?
- Do I do all I can to make Sunday a day of rest and joy for my family?
- Do I pay attention to Mass, or do I tease or distract others by talking or playing?
- HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.
- Do I respect and obey my parents?
- Have I treated them badly by word or deed?
- Am I willing to help around the house or must I be nagged a hundred times?
- Do I try to get along with my brothers and sisters? Am I a tattletale or bully?
- Do I try to set a good example, especially to younger siblings and school mates?
- YOU SHALL NOT KILL.
- Do I say mean things, or make fun of others to hurt their feelings?
- Am I willing to play with everyone? Have I stopped speaking to anyone?
- Do I encourage others to do bad things?
- Do I take care of my health such as eating the right food and taking care of the body God has given me?
- YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY.
- Do I treat my body and other people’s bodies with respect and purity?
- Do I look at television shows, movies, or pictures that are bad and hurt my soul and mind?
- YOU SHALL NOT STEAL.
- Have I taken things that were not mine from a store or another person?
- Have I broken or misused another person’s property on purpose?
- Do I return things that I borrow? In good condition?
- YOU SHALL NOT LIE (YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT FALSE WITNESS AGAINST YOUR NEIGHBOR).
- Do I tell the truth? Do I say things about other people that are not true?
- Did I cheat in class or in a game?
- Do I tell lies to make myself look good?
- Do I tell lies to protect myself from being punished?
- Am I a tattletale?
- YOU SHALL NOT COVET YOUR NEIGHBOR’S WIFE.
- Am I jealous of my siblings and do I want my parent’s attention for myself constantly?
- Am I willing to share my things and my time with others?
10.YOU SHALL NOT COVET YOUR NEIGHBOR’S GOODS.
- Am I thankful to God and my parents for what they have given me?
- Do I share the things I have with my family, friends and poor people?
- Am I jealous or envious of the things others have?
- Am I jealous or envious of the abilities others have?
Anne Atkin, principal
Sacred Heart School
Students are balanced: confident of mind, academics and Catholic Faith.
Serving the Community. Teaching our students to live and model the Catholic faith. Reflecting the unconditional love of Jesus. Remaining structured with the purpose of graduating students who are prepared to persevere.