Dear Sacred Heart Families,
I hope you are all well and you are enjoying these summer months with the people you love. We have been planning for the reopening of SHS for the 2020-2021 school year and are almost done with our preparedness plan. Even though we are a private school and we do not receive funding from the state, we are still obligated to comply with the mandates set by Gov. Witmer regarding schools in Michigan. We will roll out our plan for the Fall as soon as it is edited and approved.
Here are the ways we are going to keep are school clean and our students/staff safe:
- Common spaces will be disinfected after use using an EPA-registered household disinfectant that meets EPA’s criteria for use against COVID-19 that is dispensed with a professional Cordless Electrostatic Backpack Sprayer.
- Hand washing stations, bottle filling stations, and soap and paper towel dispensers have been replaced with touchless technology.
- An air filtration system has been installed in each classroom to increase air circulation.
- Seating will be spread out to every other seat for students during work/meal times.
- Students are assigned a cohort with their classmates to limit face mask requirement and exposure to germs.
- Strict policy for staff and students who show symptoms related to Covid-19. An isolation room will be used to isolate any child/staff who shows symptoms of Covid-19 while at school.
- Only toys and objects which can be easily cleaned or sanitized are allowed. Eliminated toys include: wooden and cloth. Toys will be cleaned (disinfected) at lunch and at the end of each day.
The preschool, kindergarten and 1st/2nd grade classrooms will all be getting a fresh look for the Fall. We are very excited to have the help of seminarians Dan, Josh and Randy this summer. They have worked diligently and we are grateful for their efforts to refresh and clean these classrooms. Thank You!
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. You can email me at email@example.com or text me at 517-403-2824.
Thank you so much for being a part of the Sacred Heart Community. We have been so blessed by your dedication and kindness to each other and to the school.
Anne Atkin, principal