Dear Sacred Heart and St. Mary’s Families
At the end of July, I received a call from another of my sisters announcing there will be another niece or nephew arriving in early 2020. That will bring the number to eleven so the Koenigsknecht clan of ten will edge past replacement levels! It has been a beautiful thing to watch my siblings enter into their marriages and take on the roles of spouse and parent so well. Their yes to their vocation is a great encouragement and model of self-sacrificing joy for me.
Thinking of Vocations there are a few opportunities coming up for supporting vocations.
Baseball game for Vocations – August 9
- Join thousands of others to gather at Cooley Law School Stadium in Lansing, Friday, August 9, 2019 for the Annual Knights of Columbus Family Night for Vocations. This year is the 20th year!!! There will be vocation cut outs and inflatables for kids, a Catholic information booth and ending with post-game LACFU Fireworks!
- Box tickets are just $13.00 each! By purchasing a ticket through your Knights of Columbus Council you will be helping some 400 children, seminarians, sisters, postulants and novices attend the game as well!
- I will be going to support my brother Randy, Dan Lacroix, and the other seminarians. It is very family friendly and is an encouraging evening.
Bishop’s Priesthood Discernment Dinner – August 18
- Meet and greet at 3:00 PM at Bethany House in Dewitt, Michigan
- Talk by Bishop Earl Boyea
- There will be time to visit with Diocesan seminarians, priests and others like minded as you.
- BBQ Dinner following and depart for home.
If you are under 18 and would like to attend please send me a permission and health form.
Deadline to register: August 15 (https://2019bishopdinner_bethany.eventbee.com)
The Foundation – Men’s Discernment Group
I will be leading a Discernment group based at St. Anthony’s in Hillsdale this coming year
Who: Any adult man over the age of 18 who has graduated from high school and desires to join a group of men who are not afraid to talk about priesthood and be open to God’s call – whatever it is.
What: Peer support and prayer are the main focus of the group, along with diving into topics surrounding priestly discernment and Catholic identity. All meetings are centered around a discussion about the chapter of the day from the book “To Save a Thousand Souls” (books will be provided).
Where & When: Saturdays at St. Anthony Pauda, Hillsdale. Visit our website at sacredhearthudson.org and click on the link for dates! VOC-Foundation-Hillsdale 2019_20